Thursday, August 27, 2009

You make me grouchy.

I have a problem. Actually, somebody else has a problem. Every morning, my dad brings me to school in his shiny car and drops me off up in the soccer parking lot. Then, I start the long trek down to the highschool building. About halfway there, I run into a crosswalk. On some days I am able to walk right across but on most days I run into my problem. Some parents think a good place to drop off their kids is at this crosswalk. Like, right on top of the crosswalk. Like, right in my way. Now I have to walk around their car and onto the grass, the muddy, wet grass, because somebody thought it was a good idea to have a sprinkler system. I have to then trudge into school with my slippery when wet fake converses. Squeak, squeak, squeak... I feel like a mouse. Sometimes I want to get right up in the driver's face and say "HEY! Why not park NOT on the crosswalk?" But no, I'm a nice, polite kid and I do not want to offend. So I keep the anger inside, growl a little, stomp my feet, but don't audibly complain. I've considered other alternatives to walking around the car... maybe I could climb over the car or open the door and walk right through it - that would sure get my message across baby.

Here is what you, humble student of FPD, can do to help this situation. If you are a little middle school kid who gets dropped off by mom every day (or a big high school kid like me who gets dropped off by dad every day), tell your guardian to stop right before this crosswalk. If they refuse, beg them or bribe them. Do the right thing, make my life easier. For the love of all that is good in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment