Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My life is no longer mine

I am scared easily by a lot of things. The other day, I was just innocently driving home, blasting my music, singing along. I pulled into the driveway and turned off the car. I opened my front door and sat there for a few seconds with the door hanging open. Finally, I got out, shut the door and started to walk up to my house, humming. Then I looked up.

Standing in front of my house was a big black dog. A very big black dog. So, of course, I was a bit shocked. I froze: maybe dogs work like Tyrannosaurus Rexes and only see movement. Everything was going fine and the dog wasn't attacking me or anything, but we really weren't making any progress, because the dog still wasn't moving.

All of the sudden, it started howling at me! Loudly. By the way, this dog was big. My impulsive self ordered me to walk towards it. So I did, and the dog backed up, and I was able to make it inside.

This was not my only encounter with the neighborhood demon. I spied the evil beast standing in the darkness at the end of my driveway, staring into my soul just last night. I'm beginning to think it is an escaped criminal disguised as a dog, just like in Harry Potter.

There is no escape. It is always watching. My life is no longer mine. It belongs to a big black dog.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I was just thinking, "Maybe it's Sirius Black!" when I came upon your HP reference. Great minds, Zack Shealy. Great minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (yeah, I misspelled your name. Maybe my mind isn't so great, after all.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I encountered the same dog coming home. It stood in the middle of the road blocking traffic. I blew my horn at it then tried to go to the right. It moved over to continue to block my way. I moved left and it still stayed in front of me. I went back right and nearly crashed into a car trying to go around me! I think it is plotting against us.

    ReplyDelete