Thursday, October 21, 2010

My desert island

Instead of working on my stories for the newspaper, I'm going to compile a list of my favorite things.

My all-time favorite song
is either "Casimir Pulaski Day" or "Glory Box", both for entirely different reasons.

My all-time favorite album
is xx, from last year, though the greatest album of all time is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

The greatest band of all-time
is easily The Beatles, though there are about three artists that have meant more to me than them: Sufjan Stevens, the xx, and mewithoutYou.

My favorite movie is
The Truman Show, followed by It's a Wonderful Life and No Country for Old Men. The three most fascinatingly disturbing film characters are in There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men, and The Silence of the Lambs.

The best book I've read is The Great Gatsby, and I haven't liked anything else near as much, except for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as a kid.

The best movie of last year was Up in the Air, and the best movie of this year is, so far, The Social Network.

My two favorite songs of this year, so far, are "Dance Yrself Clean" and "Crown on the Ground". My two favorite albums of this year, so far, are Treats and The Age of Adz, in that order.

My favorite video game is The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

No comments:

Post a Comment