Sunday, February 6, 2011

I saw a film today, oh boy

Exit Through the Gift Shop

I recently did a post ranking all of the movies I saw in 2010. Well, since then I've seen three more (from last year), and they were all quite good, so I've gone back and added them to the list.

A word about and a score for each:

1. Exit Through the Gift Shop - 90
A fascinating, hilarious documentary about street art. Examines essential questions like the difference between art and vandalism, and, later, the difference between good art and bad art.

2. The King's Speech - 82
A well-acted, slow-paced classy movie for old people.

3. 127 Hours - 79
Spoiler: James Franco cuts his arm off. Disgusting.

Another word about The King's Speech:
All the Oscar talk is starting to point towards this one taking home best picture, and that worries me. It's not that The King's Speech doesn't deserve it, like, I wouldn't be disappointed that it won or anything, it's just that this other movie, The Social Network, deserves it so much more.

Note: I have now seen 8 of the 10 movies nominated for best picture. Everything except The Kids Are All Right and The Fighter.

The King's Speech

No comments:

Post a Comment